HONOLULU (KHON2) – Our Kaka’ako, a mixed-use urban island community by Kamehameha Schools, brings back the Honolulu Night Market on Saturday, November 19. The street event will take place from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Keawe St. and Auahi St. in the heart of Kaka’ako.
The theme for this year’s Honolulu Night Market is “Rooted” and indicates Our Kaka’ako’s commitment to preserving Hawaiian traditions by supporting Hawai’i food systems and celebrating Hawai’i’s cultural diversity. .
Get the latest morning news from Hawaii delivered to your inbox, sign up for News 2 You
The block party promises to be a fun and entertaining varietal collection with over 50 local food vendors and retailers, artisans and cultural practitioners highlighting the Rooted theme and its celebration of “cultural diversity rooted in the values of our heritage, our traditions and our places,” according to the organizers.
“We are thrilled to welcome everyone to a celebration of community this holiday season,” said Gary Evora, Senior Commercial Real Estate Asset Manager for Kamehameha Schools.
The community and family event is free, and we encourage you to register in advance for free prizes that will be handed out throughout the party.
The evening includes many activities for the enjoyment of the community:
- A fashion show featuring local designers STONE, OCEANS END Hawai’i and Sweet Enemy Clothing. This show will feature models from AccessSurf program participants.
- Enjoy live music featuring Jasmin Nicole, Keilana, Keahi Delovio and AJ Keolanui.
- A community art installation by Worldwide Walls [formerly POW! WOW! Hawai‘i] artists.
- Casey Cosmos DJ Academy will perform.
- Live radio remotes 102.7 Da Bomb and 94.7 KUMU will be live.
And, there will be activities for everyone to participate in:
- You can learn to do poi with Poi for the People – pa’i’ai [traditionally pounded cooked kalo root] an interactive demonstration and tasting in collaboration with Kamehameha Schools Kapālama.
- Executive Chef Dean Matsushita and Kealoha Domingo will be on hand.
- AccesSurf will provide information on their programs while venturing into games and sweepstakes for the celebration – including a draw for two round-trip Hawaiian Airlines tickets.
- The Hawai’i State Federal Credit Union will provide membership opportunities and prizes.
“During this time of giving, we are inspired to focus on our food, our culture and our values rooted in our ‘āina. Our Kaka’ako is thrilled to host the Honolulu Night Market, which encourages corporate support , local artists and entrepreneurs, as well as non-profit organizations like AccesSurf who are making a difference in our community,” added Evora.
The Night Market is made possible in collaboration with SurfAccess, a program that empowers people with disabilities through water programs, and Poi for the People, an initiative created by Kamehameha Schools Community & ‘Āina Resiliency Group, which seeks to make the poi culture and knowledge accessible. throughout the pae’āina [group of islands].
Event organizers suggest carpooling or carpooling as parking is limited. Depending on the Night Market, parking lots are available at 333 Keawe St. and The Flats at the Pu’unui parking lot at 440 Keawe St. You can also find additional parking at the Waterfront Plaza parking lot at 500 Ala Moana Blvd.
Get news on the go with KHON 2GO, KHON’s morning podcast, every morning at 8am
Rooted is generously sponsored in part by the Kamehameha Schools, the Kaiāulu ‘o Kaka’ako
Owners Association, Hawai’i State Federal Credit Union and Pacific Media Group.
#Honolulus #Night #Market #Returns #Holidays